Ahhh...Wednesday.....one of my favorite days in the world. You see, I am a bit spoiled, I guess some might say. Every other Wednesday, a beautiful woman named Maria and her cousin Dora show up at my house at 6:45am and start cleaning. By 10:30, they are done, and I have a wonderfully clean home. It doesn't usually last the day, but for awhile, my house is completely clean....a little piece of Heaven for me, twice a month. This morning, kids at school, I went back to the gym, stopped to pick up some scrapbooking stuff at Michael's on the way home, and then headed back home. I was anticipating that nice, clean smell when I'd walk in the door, and seeing the tracks in the carpet from the vaccuum cleaner (those tracks make me so happy sometimes!).....And as I came in through the garage, there was a beautiful sight to behold...a clean house. Sigh.....makes me feel peaceful just thinking about it.
Fast forward an hour...I'm picking up kids at school. One of the first reminders is that the house got cleaned today, and let's really try to keep it that way. After lunch, I quickly wiped down the counters. I demanded they put whatever toys they were playing with away before moving on to the next thing...I even didn't flip out when another neighbor boy came by to play. Hubby M is still sick and was upstairs sleeping, so when the gang started screeching and chasing, I herded them out to the backyard. BIG, BIG mistake.......we had rain for four days straight. My back yard has not completely recovered. It's very, very soggy back there. I admonished the kids to stay away from the mud, to not turn the hose on, and no digging. They seemed to do okay for a bit, then I don't know what happened. I peeked out the window of the office/playroom, and saw my two boys standing around a huge puddle, throwing bricks into said mud puddle. They were both completely drenched, covered in muddy water. And in the midst of their playing, they had encouraged the dogs to go nuts as well.....the dogs ran through the puddles, splashing the boys even more. I brought the boys inside, stripped them and sent them upstairs for a shower. The neighbor boy, poor kid, did not know how to deal with an angry mom of his friends. I sent him home, nicely, and then I started to flip. Oh yeah....the dogs? They ran through the house tracking muddy, wet footprints all over the wood floor, kitchen tile, and up the stairs. My nice clean house is clean no longer. So while I had planned to blog about the blessing of every-other-Wednesday, my picture for the day ended up being one of the boys muddy, wet clothes laying in the kitchen floor. Oh well....only 13 more days til the house gets cleaned again.
1 comment:
It's like when you finally get to the bottom of the laundry basket and breath a sigh of relief that it's all done. Only you turn around and some how a pile of laundry has appeared. It just never is done. That has been my week so far. At least you had a little time to enjoy the clean house. Hang in there. lvya-sis
Post a Comment