Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January 22 - And then there's the food


It takes a lot of food to feed a family of five. Normally, I head to the grocery store every Sunday. M is home with the kids, and I get some "quiet" time, just slowly wandering through the grocery store, getting what we'll need for the week. Well, this week, with the football games on tv, and a lack of motivation, I didn't get to the store on Sunday. And yesterday was a disaster of a day with other things on the agenda. E-man and I made the trip this morning after the a.m. carpool for school. $138 and an hour later, this is what ended up on my counter. Thank goodness for coupons! Once again, I don't mind going to the store, gathering the groceries, putting them in the car and bringing them home, but I absolutely dread putting it all away. Sigh.......Princess G asked me one time when they wouldn't have to help feed the dogs, put their laundry away, clean up their messes, and help put groceries away anymore. I just laughed. Welcome, my dear girl, to real life.

1 comment:

Aileigh said...

Seriously, I told my DH when we got married that if he didn't help with the groceries, he wouldn't eat. I REFUSE to do it by myself! I can't wait for the day that Tater Bug can help us! It is such an ordeal! :)

Hugs and Love,
Aileigh