Sunday, January 13, 2008

Making a mess to get organized - January 12



One of my goals for this year is to get organized and to de-clutter our house. Unfortunately, getting organized usually means you have to make a huge mess in the process. I hate that part. But, I did manage to clean out the kitchen cabinets of things we don't use at all (one last sippy cup was hiding in a corner!). I also cleaned out the desk in the kitchen and the plan is to move the computer back out here. What a wreck! But it makes me feel good to get it done.....four rooms down, three to go! I did manage to find a disc of pictures from the cruise we took a couple of years ago. Friends of ours lost their home in the fires last October...they had been the ones with the camera for most of the trip, and I was sure the pictures were lost forever. I was so excited when I found that disc hiding in a drawer. And I'm sure our friends will be so happy to know there's one trip they haven't lost. Oh, and Michael finally hung the shelves in the stairwell. I've only had them for four months. We're getting projects done!! YAY!!!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats on getting organized but don't remind me I need to do the same. I started with the tupperware cabinet. That was a job in itself.