Sometimes I hate the Holiday....I don't really hate them, but I hate that you spend so much time and energy planning, buying, wrapping, writing, mailing, cooking, laughing, and enjoying, and then it's done. I guess it's not the Holidays themselves that I hate, but rather the end of the Holidays. I can hardly wait to turn on the Christmas music once we hit Fall. As we decorate the house each year, I feel so warm and fuzzy. As soon as New Year's hits, I know it's coming...the end - the time when all the decorations have to come down and go back into the boxes in the garage to wait for the next Holiday season. Why does it always seem to be so much more work to take it all down than it is to put it up? Oh well.....our tree got un-decorated last night. The ornaments are sitting on the kitchen table waiting for their individual boxes. And there is a huge empty spot in the family room where the tree was. <sigh> Oh well.....at least I don't have to sweep and vaccuum up tree needles for another 11 months!
Friday, January 4, 2008
Taking it all down
Sometimes I hate the Holiday....I don't really hate them, but I hate that you spend so much time and energy planning, buying, wrapping, writing, mailing, cooking, laughing, and enjoying, and then it's done. I guess it's not the Holidays themselves that I hate, but rather the end of the Holidays. I can hardly wait to turn on the Christmas music once we hit Fall. As we decorate the house each year, I feel so warm and fuzzy. As soon as New Year's hits, I know it's coming...the end - the time when all the decorations have to come down and go back into the boxes in the garage to wait for the next Holiday season. Why does it always seem to be so much more work to take it all down than it is to put it up? Oh well.....our tree got un-decorated last night. The ornaments are sitting on the kitchen table waiting for their individual boxes. And there is a huge empty spot in the family room where the tree was. <sigh> Oh well.....at least I don't have to sweep and vaccuum up tree needles for another 11 months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I need some of your energy...our decorations are still up and the house is a complete wreck. Mickey is going through his old toys to donate and making more of a mess this morning. UGH! And to think that since I had 2 weeks off...oh well! LOL
Jac
Post a Comment