Roo is a stick.....there just isn't really a better way to describe it. I guess when you start out at 2 pounds, it's going to take awhile to make that up. But seven years later, he's still thin. And he eats, constantly....he'd eat all day if I let him. He is as tall as most boys in his class, but they typically outweigh him by 15 pounds. We have a very hard time finding pants to fit him. He definitely needs a size 7 for the length, but he could seriously fit his waist and little hips into E-man's size 4T's. I spent yesterday morning hunting for new jeans for Roo. It is a challenge. He doesn't like to have any elastic in the waist. We must have adjustable waists....At one store, I searched the backs of shelves for over 20 minutes....there must have been over 100 pairs of jeans on those shelves. I was able to find four size 7 slims in that bunch. And still had to pull the adjustable elastics in as far as they would go. But, Roo has new jeans! I have hope that someday, he'll fill out. But with his very premature start on life, and the fact that he is genetically prone to thinness, I think he is the way he's going to be. I'm all right with that....it just makes finding pants that much more of a challenge.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Saturday January 19 - 7 Slim
Roo is a stick.....there just isn't really a better way to describe it. I guess when you start out at 2 pounds, it's going to take awhile to make that up. But seven years later, he's still thin. And he eats, constantly....he'd eat all day if I let him. He is as tall as most boys in his class, but they typically outweigh him by 15 pounds. We have a very hard time finding pants to fit him. He definitely needs a size 7 for the length, but he could seriously fit his waist and little hips into E-man's size 4T's. I spent yesterday morning hunting for new jeans for Roo. It is a challenge. He doesn't like to have any elastic in the waist. We must have adjustable waists....At one store, I searched the backs of shelves for over 20 minutes....there must have been over 100 pairs of jeans on those shelves. I was able to find four size 7 slims in that bunch. And still had to pull the adjustable elastics in as far as they would go. But, Roo has new jeans! I have hope that someday, he'll fill out. But with his very premature start on life, and the fact that he is genetically prone to thinness, I think he is the way he's going to be. I'm all right with that....it just makes finding pants that much more of a challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hmmm, sounds familiar (Brady to a T!) Good news is, summer's just around the corner where we can fit the older brother into the younger bro's shorts, no prob! :)
Post a Comment