Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Da-Da-Da-Da-De-Da-Da-De-Daaaaaaa


I so remember the first time I saw the original Star Wars...in the theater. I can't even remember how old I was. But I do know that I thought 1) Darth Vader was a scary, bad guy; 2) Luke Skywalker was cute; 3) I wanted to be Princess Leia and 4) light sabers were the coolest thing ever. Now, all the original Star Wars movies are back, along with all the action figures, Star Wars Transformers, and the new series of movies and I am still in love with them. Yeah, go figure....a girl liking science fiction. But I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

My kids have fallen in love with all things Star Wars, the boys especially. And they even have the Lego Star Wars game for the Wii, which brings endless entertainment. The boys both have light sabers. Roo has been Darth Vader and a Storm Trooper while E-man took his turn as Yoda a couple of years ago. They watch the movies all the time, and each has his or her favorite parts in each movie. And we constantly hear the Star Wars music....both boys will break out with it at any given moment. All of my kids talk in their sleep...E-man literally yells in his sleep, but I almost fell out of bed when he started singing Darth Vader's theme music in his sleep....da da da da-de-da da-de-da...at 3am. Too funny. Now you'll be singing it all day too.

3 comments:

The Phamily Matriarch said...

Oh, how funny that E-man sings in his sleep. Just last night, the Mickster did that for the first time...Little Einsteins theme song. Poor guy has to watch it over and over since it's the Pink Princess' fav at this time. LOL

I was never into Star Wars. I've actually only seen bits and pieces of the original and the new ones. I really don't have a clue about it all. I guess I'll have to learn once the Mickster starts getting into it as well. :)

J-Bug

Darcy @ m3b said...

No idea what you;'e talking about. Me? With 3 wild boybarians? ;)

I call those little Star Wars lego pieces' ankle biters' and 'vaccuum crunchers'.

It's all the boys do in their free time is make little Star Wars lego ships and mini-figs. Whatever those are.

;)

Kelly said...

Thats our house too. Lightsaber fights, Star Wars everything. We had to get another lightsaber to protect us. Love it and I know all about star wars. Big B once told me if I watched all of the episodes while pregnant with Little B I would never have to watch them again. Little did I know that Little B would be just as much into it as Big B. Lord help us..