Sunday, January 13, 2008

Clock on the Wall


I have the most amazing in-laws. Truly.......I'm spoiled, I'm lucky and I know it. When I went into premature labor with our first child, they were there as soon as they could be, and my mother in law stayed for a week, keeping me company during the long days of hospital bedrest. When Roo was born at 26 weeks, she was on the next plane up. They have been there for every big and important moment since M and I got married, and all the little moments too. They've housed us twice for extended periods of time as we saved money to first get married and then buy a house, and then again after we moved but our new house was not ready. They taught me about wine (which has truly been a process, but now my friends call me a wine snob!), have inspired me in decorating, and encouraged our adventures in parenting. For Christmas this year, when asked what I might want or need, I knew I could just say that I wanted some things for the house, and whatever the gift was, it would be perfect. You see, in addition to every other wonderful thing my mother in law is, she has amazing taste. And when Christmas arrived and the gifts were opened, that perfect gift was there....a clock for the yard. M hung it today, and it's just beautiful.

3 comments:

Miracle Monster Mommy said...

ummm...D, you might want to check the title...I mean I thought I was going to be reading some good stuff...ha ha ha...I think you meant "Clock on the wall"
It is very lovely though :)
~Carissa

RGnEsMom said...

Thanks, Carissa....Just goes to show you shouldn't blog when you're tired, and your brain sees what it thinks it should see!!!

The Phamily Matriarch said...

Funny, you corrected the title but it still shows up as the previous on my iGoogle page where I have you and all the other P366 listed. I got a good laugh out of it!

Could your MIL teach my MIL a thing or two about "taste"? She or rather I could so use it! LOL