I don't know if you have boys, and if you do, if they're old enough to be into what my boys are into. Bionicles have become a way of life for my boys. E-man is probably still a little bit young for them, but Roo isn't, and you really can't keep a younger sibling out of the older kids' toys, especially one that is so attractive to boys. So, we have a drawer-full of Bionicles. E-man decided this morning to bypass a new Thomas train and get a couple of new Bionicles with some Christmas money he had. Yes, Bionicles say something like "Ages 7 - 12", but again, they are such attractive toys to boys of all ages. Heck, M says if Bionicles had been around when he was a kid, he'd have had a drawer-full of them too, no matter what his age at the time. The problem with E-man and Bionicles being that he can't really manage yet to put them together. Enter the Mommy.....I have become an expert of sorts at putting Bionicles together. Just one of my many talents I guess. Oh, and I am usually a whiz at putting Transformers back in their original formation. I never, ever while I was a college student looking forward to a hopefully-lucrative career thought for one minute that one talent I would be so proud of having was an ability to play with my sons' toys!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
The Challenge of My Day
I don't know if you have boys, and if you do, if they're old enough to be into what my boys are into. Bionicles have become a way of life for my boys. E-man is probably still a little bit young for them, but Roo isn't, and you really can't keep a younger sibling out of the older kids' toys, especially one that is so attractive to boys. So, we have a drawer-full of Bionicles. E-man decided this morning to bypass a new Thomas train and get a couple of new Bionicles with some Christmas money he had. Yes, Bionicles say something like "Ages 7 - 12", but again, they are such attractive toys to boys of all ages. Heck, M says if Bionicles had been around when he was a kid, he'd have had a drawer-full of them too, no matter what his age at the time. The problem with E-man and Bionicles being that he can't really manage yet to put them together. Enter the Mommy.....I have become an expert of sorts at putting Bionicles together. Just one of my many talents I guess. Oh, and I am usually a whiz at putting Transformers back in their original formation. I never, ever while I was a college student looking forward to a hopefully-lucrative career thought for one minute that one talent I would be so proud of having was an ability to play with my sons' toys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You know I could never do those freakin Transformers, until now. I can transform Bumblebee in three seconds flap. Bionicles, I'm sure they'll be heading my way soon.
Thank goodness, the Mickster is satisfied with the McD's toy Bionicles. LOL But he is asking for his first Transformers for his birthday next month. Help me now! LOL
Boys are great, aren't they? LOL
I am soooo glad that the word 'Bionicles' is not in our household dictionary. Life will be good if Meek never, ever finds out about them! lol
You will have to show me your Bionicles skills when we meet in Feb!! Can't wait!
L
Oh the fantastic things I have to look forward too. Looking through your pictures I see what my future looks like. ha!
Melissa
Post a Comment