When you have kids around the ages of 6 - 8, loose teeth and lost teeth are a fairly common occurrence. Well, I have a six year old and a seven year old. They've both had loose teeth for the past few months. All of them decided to fall out within an 8 day period. That must be a record.
We were at a neighbor boy's birthday party a couple of weekends ago (the 15th). I knew Princess G had one tooth perilously close to falling out. She'd been messing with it for days, and it was barely hanging on. We'd been at the party for about 20 minutes when it came out. Not a half hour later, she came up to me with another tooth. I seriously thought it was the first and she had been showing it off and was giving it back to me. Nope....she'd lost another tooth!!!! Two teeth out in less than an hour. Jackpot for her, right?
We left for Phoenix that Monday to spend the first week of their Spring Break at my Dad's. Roo lost his outer bottom tooth on Friday. We had told them that the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny could not come on the same night, so if they lost any teeth on Saturday, they'd have to wait for one or the other. Roo really worked on that tooth Friday afternoon, and got it out. He wrote the cutest note to the Tooth Fairy asking her to leave his tooth so he could show it to his class when they go back to school. It was adorable. I of course kept the note. It was just too adorable to pass up. I told him the Tooth Fairy was nice enough to leave it behind because Mommy wanted to keep it in his scrapbook.
Saturday passed with no more teeth falling out. Princess G's other upper front tooth was barely hanging on. I think if she'd put any kind of effort into it, it would have just popped out. But no, it stayed until she was eating her bagel for breakfast Sunday morning.
Four teeth in just over a week.....this Tooth Fairy is flat broke at this point. And they each have one more loose tooth!!! I absolutely love the toothless grins. I'm actually taking them in to have studio portraits done. I can't pass this opportunity up. It's a rite of passage, isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment